If you do strength training and have had any of these issues, you may benefit from a pelvic floor physiotherapy consultation.
- Urinary incontinence (the involuntary loss of urine – often occurring with heavier lifts, running, jumping).
- Pain in your low back, hips, or pelvic area.
- You have been pregnant (recently or in the past) and are looking to get back into sport.
- You want to optimize your strength training performance.
I am accepting a limited number of patients for home physiotherapy visits in Toronto. Home visits are a convenient way to get physiotherapy in the comfort of your home.
What to expect from a pelvic floor physiotherapy assessment
During your initial assessment, we will review your medical history and current symptoms. We will discuss your goals and what you would like to get out of physiotherapy – setting goal leads to success!
A physical orthopaedic and pelvic floor assessment will be conducted with your consent. We will look at your overall movement patterns, muscle strength, and flexibility. The pelvic exam consists of an internal vaginal and/or rectal exam, which is an important step in determining the right treatment for you.
Together we will develop a treatment plan to get you feeling stronger and back to doing what you enjoy.
Your privacy and comfort are most important. Your information will be kept with strict confidentiality.
- Initial assessment: $225 (lasts approximately 1-1.5 hours)
- 40 minute follow up: $120
- 60 minute follow up: $150
Most extended benefit plans have physiotherapy coverage – please check with your insurance provider. I will provide you with a receipt that you can submit.